Personal Injury Attorney in Arvada, Colorado
According to the NSC, (National Safety Council) there were 173,040 preventable injury-related deaths in 2019. When comparing 2018 to 2019, public deaths increased by 4.7 percent, and work-related deaths increased by 1.8 percent. Motor vehicle deaths actually decreased by 0.8 percent between the two years. Deaths caused by preventable injuries are known as wrongful deaths. A personal injury is any injury caused by the negligence of another individual. An injury caused by the negligence of another is called a wrongful death, and falls under personal injury. When the injury is severe enough to cause death, a wrongful death has occurred.
If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or entity, you may be left with injuries that are severe enough to result in significant medical expenses and even time away from work. Perhaps the insurance company is stalling you or offering you a settlement that will in no way get you back to where you were prior to the accident. You need experienced legal assistance—an Arvada personal injury attorney that always has your back and cares about your future.
Helping the injured in Colorado for over 25 years.
Do you have a case? Get your free case review now.
When we take your case, you are our priority.
Some people attempt to handle personal injury claims on their own. If the only damage was to your vehicle, you have no real injuries, and you didn’t lose more than a day or two of work, this might be an acceptable solution. If, however, your injuries are more severe than per say a neck pain that lasts a day, or you have lost work as a result of your accident, you absolutely could benefit from having a knowledgeable Colorado personal injury attorney by your side.
Dianne Sawaya is experienced, compassionate, and highly skilled. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya recognize you have many choices of personal injury attorneys. We hope you will give us a chance to help you through this difficult, emotional time. We can take much of the burden from your shoulders, handling all negotiations with the insurance company and giving you time to heal.
Why Choose Arvada Personal Injury Attorney Dianne Sawaya?
It can be very traumatic to be left with injuries from an accident that was not your fault. Your injuries could range from moderate to severe and could heal within weeks or months—or could take years or a lifetime. If you were unable to return to work you are likely not only drowning in medical expenses, you may also be unable to pay your normal monthly expenses.
In some cases, you may have been left with a permanent disability. The legal team at the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya helps people in the same situation as you on a regular basis. We consistently go above and beyond the level of service you receive from most personal injury attorneys. This level of commitment is rare in the industry. We would like you to consider the following:
- Not only do we help you get the settlement you deserve, we help you get the medical treatment you need.
- If we are unable to secure a settlement you owe US nothing.
- We are smart, compassionate, and aggressive when seeking full compensation for your injuries.
- The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya have more than 150 positive Google reviews.
- We will always seek to maximize the settlement you need and deserve.
- Our consultations are always 100 percent free.
When you need an experienced, knowledgeable personal injury law firm, we believe you will significantly benefit from choosing the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya.
What Are Other Most Common Types of Personal Injury Claims?
While auto accidents are certainly the biggest cause of personal injury claims, there are many other accidents that also result in personal injury claims. The Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya can assist you with any of these personal injury claims:
- Auto accidents include car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents. Car accidents are the most common, however, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents have the potential to result in catastrophic injuries. Trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when loaded, compared to 2,500-3,500 for a passenger vehicle. Truck accidents often result in grave injury or death for those in the smaller vehicle. Motorcycles and bicycles have little in the way of protection. Other than a helmet, if worn, the motorcyclist (traveling at the same speed as cars) and the bicyclist have nothing in the way of protection. Motorcyclists and bicyclists hit by a vehicle often suffer serious traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, along with many other serious injuries. Likewise, pedestrians have no protection when hit by a vehicle and are often the victims of hit-and-run drivers.
- Premise liability claims arise when an individual is injured on private or public property. Owners have an obligation to keep their property in a condition that is safe for those who enter the property. When there are hazards due to negligence, premises liability claims can arise. Slip and fall claims fall under premises liability personal injury claims.
- Dog attacks and bites happen more often than you might think. If the victim was not trespassing, then the owner has a responsibility to ensure his or her animals are not a danger to others. In the state of Colorado, if a person is lawfully on public or private property, the owner of the animal is liable for injury, even if the animal did not display violent tendencies prior to the bite or attack.
- Construction accidents can result in a personal injury claim if the construction site had known hazards or safety issues that the foreman or owner of the company failed to address. Defective equipment, a lack of safety procedures or rules, objects falling from a height, or individuals falling from improperly secured ladders or scaffolding can all result in a personal injury claim.
- Product liability claims can arise when a purchased product causes injury. As consumers, we expect the products purchased to be properly designed and manufactured, with thorough instructions on their use. When an injury occurs due to a faulty design, a problem in the manufacturing process, or a lack of safety instructions, a personal injury claim can be filed.
What is the Personal Injury Claim Process in the State of Colorado?
If you have suffered injury due to the negligence of another, you must first show the person or entity owed you a duty of care. As an example, all those who possess a driver’s license have a duty of care to other drivers on the road. That duty of care includes following traffic rules and watching out for the safety of others.
It must next be shown that a breach of duty of care existed—i.e., the other driver failed in his or her duty of care. If there was a duty of care, and that duty of care was breached, then there must be injuries, and there must be damages from those injuries (medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, vehicle damages, etc.).
Once your attorney has done a thorough investigation of the accident, gathered evidence, and spoken with any witnesses, he or she will determine the amount of your current and future damages. There will then be negotiations with the insurance company in an attempt to secure a fair settlement. If you agree with the negotiated settlement, you will receive a check, and the matter will be considered closed.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, your Arvada personal injury attorney will file a personal injury lawsuit. A settlement agreement can still be reached up until a decision in the matter is reached by the jury—and often is. If there is no settlement agreement, your attorney will argue your case before a jury, offering evidence and bringing in experts when warranted. There will be a decision, and if you prevail, you should receive your check within weeks as you would with a negotiated settlement.
How Can the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya Help with Your Arvada, CO Personal Injury Claim?
Once you have hired the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya, the entire personal injury process will be fully explained and we will answer any questions you may have in a thorough, understandable manner. Attorney Dianne Sawaya can make a significant difference in the outcome of your personal injury claim. She and her team are compassionate, experienced, and well-respected. While working hard on your behalf, Dianne Sawaya will always take a highly personalized approach to your personal injury claim. At the Law Office of Dianne Sawaya, we don’t fight for insurance companies or big corporations—we fight for you, and people like you. We will stay in communication with you during the entire process, as we protect your rights and your future.
Contact the Law Offices of Dianne Sawaya today!